Saturday, January 31, 2009

Welcome to Japan

It's been almost two years since I last posted, but I am re-opening this blog for a week to chronicle my adventures in Japan. I am here visiting a family friend with one of my sisters, two of his brothers, and his sister-in-law. It's a good bunch of people to do a group travel with since we are all like family and very comfortable with each other.

After a fourteen hour direct flight from Houston, we landed at Narita yesterday afternoon and took a bus back to the Yakota airforce base where our friend is stationed. Yesterday was pretty uneventful since we were all completely exhausted from the travels. The one thing we did do was get sushi, where I managed to completely embarrass myself. First, I tried to eat with the chopsticks they used to count the number of sushi you had ordered. Then, as we were leaving, I turned around and missed the step. I slid across the floor, desperately trying to regain my footing, hitting the door, and almost knocking over the waitress and one of the other patrons. I felt so bad, but even worse when the waitress almost started to cry---she was so worried that I had hurt myself. Quite embarrassing!

No comments: